Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A Few Apologies, Followed by Encouragment and Fighting Words!

I know, I know. I said I would blog about series, and I put up a post like I promised. But then I didn't like what I wrote so I put it back as a draft. I need to get it all well and organized and understandable before I post it. I should have known with the Sven challenge and packing and other stress factors, that I would not be as coherent with it as I would like. So if you'll forgive me and bear with me, I'll be able to deliver a much better post on those topics in the next week or so. Again, apologies all around.

In the meantime, I'll tell you about how I'm doing with Sven. I know a lot of your are going through some frustrating moments with the challenge but I hope you keep going! This past week was awful (I got about four days behind). But since Saturday, I've made wonderful progress: the word count and time limitations won't let me edit excessively (my kryptonite).

While I've read that the challenge is stressful for some or overwhelming for others, if you have a few productive days, you know it makes up for those when Sven was a jerk and the writing was more painful than stubbing your baby toe on a table or that public humiliation you suffered in grade school.

So if you're frustrated, if you're behind, don't give up! Keep going! Sven can't have the satisfaction of beating us.

So say we all.
Bri

6 comments:

IanT said...

You may have put it back as a draft.... but... it still got published in your Atom/RSS feed (I read a lot of blogs like that :-) )

I didn't think it was bad. :-)

Ann said...

Thank you for the encouragement and the fighting words. This week has been rather odd, but I'm going on vacation Friday and hope to get some work done while I'm away (don't worry, I'm posting my snippet tomorrow).

SBB said...

Hey Bri. I just wanted to drop by and thank you for visiting my blog and offer my encouragement in your Sven Challenge. I've participated in NaNoWriMo before and know how the pressure can feel. And thanks for the offer of the link. I appreciate the support! One question: why is it called Sven?

SBB said...

I mean the offer to pick up MBDD. Sorry. I'm on pain meds and not making much sense!

Anonymous said...

Today is frustrating but I am sitting here trying to solve the problems. Then I can move on with the story. I've been doing a lot of REWRITING THE LAST TWO DAYS. Not good.

Hope you are doing well.

Unknown said...

Good for you for not letting Sven get the better of you! I've been writing slower than I'd like, but I'm consistant, which is great.

If we stick together, we can do it!