Wednesday, August 22, 2007

On Moving In and 50K Undead

And we're back I'll be sure to catch everyone's blog before the end of the day to say hi. I hate to give bad news, but I am a little behind Sven. And by a little I mean 5,579 words. I can probably get that after tonight and tomorrow, but I hate being behind.

The move threw off the writing mojo a little. The different setting (brown cardboard boxes everywhere, books piled in the floor and furniture with no feng shui) isn't helping much.

Right now, I'm relaxing and watching my friend Charlie play Dead Rising. It is a fantastically wonderful game where you kill zombies. There are over 50K undead in the game and, yes, my friends, you can kill them all...for great justice. He has killed a horde of them with a katana (as you can see).

Either tonight or tomorrow, I'll post pictures of the room after I get it completely decorated. We won't begin to go into how stupidly designed my hall is.

I'll mention two things:
1. My room has seven (7) walls. Four wasn't enough.
2. My bed fits only in one place, on one wall.
(A) If I turn it, I can't get the door closed.
(B) If I move it down the wall, I can't get out of it.
(C) The only other wall that I could put it on is too short.

Other than that, I have done little else but unpack and other college-esque things. I promise that I'll be by your blogs to say hello before bed tonight. That's all. :)

7 comments:

Ezra said...

Don't forget me using the chainsaw! Or the hum-vee, or the sledge hammer, or sickle, or... well, just about everything.

...hmm.. Eric's not here now.. tempting to play more. >.>

Rebecca said...

5000 words behind doesn't sound too bad. I'm tens of thousands of words behind. oh well.

Enjoy your new room!

Joy Renee said...

moving is really discombobulating is it not? :)

i've got a housewarming thingy for you: http://joystory.x10hosting.com/?p=934

Unknown said...

Sounds like one weird room! I await photos :)

Nicole said...

Seven walls? I've gotta see that one. It does sound a bit strange.

Good luck with the move and with Sven!

Ann said...

Definitely, want photos. *g* Good luck getting settled, Sven is still unhappy with me, oh well.

Anonymous said...

See, this is why Sven and I never talk. (grin)