Sunday, August 26, 2007

On Clubbing, Spiders and Photoshop's Appetite

Clubbing with Sven
Anna Black's 1000 Word a Day Club is starting up September 1. This week, I'm getting together some scrapped short story ideas to revive for this challenge. Who knows I may have a few stories within the next few weeks to submit to a mag or two. I can't wait for this to start! One of the things I loved most about the Challenge with Sven is the community of writer's I've found who are just as dedicated to writing as I am. I'm looking forward to a similar experience with the 1000 Word-a-Day Club.

Speaking of Sven - since moving in, I've been scrambling to catch up on the word count. What is most frustrating is hitting a brick wall creatively, in a situation like this. Just when I need the ideas, desperately, they all go on vacation. So, I'm working on another WIP for a day or two to let my batteries recharge. Also, I'm working on the structure of the entire series - and forcing myself not to go back and revise.

How is Sven working with you guys?

HE DOESN'T EAT CURDS AND WEY...AND HE DOESN'T MUCH LIKE MS. MUFFETT
I've started walking in the evenings, and on the way to the Fountain, I saw a few very lovely things. Tomorrow I will be sure to take my camera. For now, I am proud to present Mr. Spider. For purposes of this post, we will deign to call him Robespierre.

Robespierre lives near my dorm and every morning and ever evening, he waits. He waits for lunch! And today was the day he ate! In honor of the occasion, I requested a photoshoot to which he, at long last, acquiesced. So, for your viewing pleasure, I present the honorable Robespierre, Garden Spider Extraordinaire, with Mr. Lunch:

OTHER SUNDRIES AND TIDBITS OF INTEREST
My class schedule is lining up nicely. I get to work more than I thought, which is great. I also have two science fiction classes, one for reading, one for writing/marketing. The other class I believe I might thoroughly enjoy is called The Evolution of Rhetorical Theory. I know I sound like a nerd for that, but I love theoretics that can be applied to a practical art or discipline. The teacher is a fellow Texan and worked in an impressive university writing center. Interesting? Just a little. :D

LAST/FRIVOLOUS TOPIC OF DISCUSSION
I drew a picture of a very cool and sexy man for today, but Photoshop ate it. I'm working on reconstructing the image (lineart survived!) and I'll try to post it later in the week. Let me know how it's going!

So say we all.
Bri

7 comments:

Dixie Belle said...

Hey! I'm gonna do the 1000 word a day club, too. I think to do one of these programs you need to have your pre-work done so you can just write on the story every day. So I've got to get it together this week and decide. The pics of the spider were great. What kind of camera do you have?

Michelle said...

Me three on the 1000 words a day thingie! And about that Spider! Woo hoo...he's pretty healthy. Two years ago this past fall I had a gorgeous spider in my kitchen window. I think he got eaten though. Poor guy.

Now I'm just fighting the ants. LOL.

Thanks for dropping by and I look forward to seeing you over at Anna's!

Michelle

Jaye Patrick said...

uuhhhh... Can I say... ICK! Not a fan of eight-legged beasties, nope, no way, no how! Some might be beautiful - in deference to this one - but, jeez, they make me shudder!

Anonymous said...

Love Robespierre! I'm doing the 1000 words a Day, too. Keep posting about your classes. That's really interesting to me! I wish I could go back to school. AGAIN!

Anonymous said...

Sven has eaten me alive. I just realized the awful imagery that's going to conjure up. :D

No, really. I can't remember the last time I thought about making 1200 words in a day. I'm doing a blogpost soon about writing and depression that will probably explain how things are going. :-\

And I'm with Jaye - gorgeous photos but wow I hate spiders! What's your camera? I mean to start posting photos but I don't have the internet at home and I never remember on weekends when I'm at my in-laws.

MommaBoo said...

Ugghhh... Spiders freak me out! Epecially those big'uns!

qualcosa di bello said...

holy cow...while Robespierre was having his lunch, i almost lost mine...ewwwwwww!

fab photos, no matter.

now i'm off to check the 1K words a day...