Thursday, June 14, 2007

Day 13: A Death in the Family

Yesterday, my grandmother died. I mourn the loss of a human life, the loss of my mother's mother, and I mourn that I never knew her well: we were not friends, nor were we close. But I don't want to talk about it any more. Sometimes things are very, very sad.

I have continued writing, not nearly as much as in recent days. It's somewhat difficult to concentrate. I think the writing helps though, because it gets my mind onto other things. I'll be able to talk more after Friday.

So say we all.
Bri

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. *hugs*

Annie said...

ooOOoo, Magic! Ok, Terry Goodkind's first book is Wizards First Rule. Wonderful book with unforgettable characters. Additive and subtractive magic is a great system. In other words, you can add and subtract things from the world. Those who can weild it, are born with the potential. In the book, subtractive magic has died out. The 'Han' is what they call the ability to control the magic, and every wizard has to learn how to use it.

Other systems are, Robert Jordan's, L.F or is it F.L. Laurell(about clocks mor, i.e. stones that sap power from sky lights), Anne Bishop (One I'm currently reading about power in jewles), Elizabeth Hayden's elemental magic, Sara Douglas's star dance magic....There are quite a few. If you tell me kind of what you are looking for I'll cunsult the shelf and find you something close to what you are looking for.

Be strong Bri,
Annie

Stace said...

My sympathies to you and your family.