Monday, June 11, 2007

Day 10 & 11: MEME x 5

Here's the five things that I wish I would write! I picked up this meme from MerylF's blog Characterisensation.

THE RULES:
1. Write about the top five writing projects you want to do. Books, short stories, whatever.
2. Post the rules and link to where you got the meme from in the first place.
3. Tag people.

1. XIII -- The first thing I want to write and finish is probably XIII. It's a horrid title I know. But it's what works right now. I've had this story since I was thirteen or fourteen, and only recently have I tried to write it in hopes of publication. The story is twisted and complicated and in the end beautiful and tragic. Dukes, bastards, seamstresses and queens, guardians, kings, Fae, and oracles all play out their parts in a massive civil war between worlds, and I think if I ever could work out the whole story on paper, it would be wonderful - if for no one else but me.

2. What is Now: Easter Sunday -- I would want to write this into a full length novel. The short story was incredibly fun to write. The reader moved backward in time and so knew the fate of each of the characters, but the characters were moving forward in time and so knew why they were about to make their decisions. The levels of "knowing" made the story especially interesting to write, and the idea of that as a novel is full of awesome.

3. Lucky #7 -- I want to write a short story that draws from my friendship with Jocelyn in VA. We've been friends now for seven years, and the strange happenings of coincidence and fate that brought us together and continue to help us along would definitely bring out a great story. I'm not sure if I would bring in the usual fantastical element that follows my other stories or not, but we'll see.

4. Apollo and Artemis -- I started a story a few years ago about a man who walked the whole world, keeping things in their proper place while searching for his sister. The world knows them as a race who brings light and fire and summer. While it's not a very well developed idea just yet, I really liked the idea. Mehbe...mehbe we could make a deal.

5. The Icarus Complex -- The last idea has something to do with a really awesome flying machine that the main character, a young girl, constructs to save a man she barely knows. I know there's a cat, a motorcycle, a mirror of great importance, and maybe some cool firearms and aerial theatrics. The story is mostly focused on the heroine's friendship/love of the mysterious man. But it's sort of nebulous...and by "sort of" I mean, mostly.

So say we all.
Bri

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm loving the sound of XIII and the Icarus Complex. They sound like something I would like to read!

P. Scribbles said...

Apollo and Artemis is the the one I liked in Fiction if I remember correctly. That still sounds like a fantastic story.

P. Scribbles said...

Apollo and Artemis still sounds really good. Tell us when you finish it so we can expect the book.