Friday, June 1, 2007

The All-Or-Nothin Days, They're Back!

And so the chronicle of my journey into the proverbial Wastelands begins: today, the mad race toward a completed first draft of 60,000 words is on. Yesterday, I spent my time focusing on my main characters, the mystery of the novel, the inevitable progression toward greater and greater conflict and the major twists at the end, which lead to the next book. And now...

Now the bar is set for the coming month o' June:
1. 2,500 words a day with time to edit.
2. Adjust plot, if necessary, at the end of every day.
3. Eat.
4. Read A Clash of Kings.

I'll keep you posted with a daily count and how things progress/digress. Now, I head toward sleep and the last pages of Neuromancer. Godspeed and all that jazz, right?

So say we all.
Bri

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't burn out!

And if you find that the unmerciful push of the blind draft is not putting your story where you want it to be, I might suggest the alternatives which are the more rigorous story-breaking methods used in TV story development.

Good luck.

P. Scribbles said...

I'm not that very savvy when it comes to website stuff so it will be a long time before I have my blog ready, savvy?

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Good luck with your "fast draft"! I did something similar in March to complete 50K in two weeks. I'm still trying to decide how best to tackle draft 2, but finishing was a rush!