Saturday, June 30, 2007

Imagine all of These Combined...Your Head Would Explode with Cool

I was tagged by Crystal to give you Eight Random Things About Me.

1. I like ancient history and the Great Men who got what they wanted because they could. No red tape and bureaucracies. They wanted to do something, they did it. That's why I admire MacBeth more than Hamlet. Sure, I understand that in reality, these Great Men were violent and cruel - but I can't help but admire their focus, persistence and ruthlessness. It makes for a good story.

2. I have a tendency to cry at beautiful things. Very rarely do I tear up if I'm sad, but when I see something lovely, hear a piece of music that pulls at my heartstrings, or read a story so heartbreaking it's beautiful, the waterworks begin. Loveliness is here:


3. I still read comic books. I'm not sure why, but I still enjoy the overkill in Batman, the nostalgia of The Spirit, the philosophy in Alan Moore's Promethea and the great story telling of Brian Vaughan's Y: The Last Man and Ex Machina. Maybe I like the idea of heroes, maybe I just like the art. Who knows. But they are pretty, no?



4. I am a Texan. That's right. By birth and choice. I would post a picture of my state, but it's too awesome.

5. I had a cat named Vito Coreleone. That's right. The Godfather.

6. My VW Bug was named Ophelia. And she was totaled by an old man. The car stood up on its nose and the engine moved forward about four inches and blew out the dash. I walked away with no broken bones and no injury save bruises. Ophelia will be missed.

7. I am addicted to HALO and HALO II and I play under the name of MOUSE. When the third game and HALO WARS comes out, I will not be able to help myself. If you could be a nine-foot-tall Spartan badass killing alien scum, you know you would. You know it.
8. I like peanut butter. A lot.

And I don't have eight people to tag, but here goes! Annie, Staci, Joely, Jaye, and Garrett.

So say we all.
Bri

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gods above, how did I miss that movie? That's fantastic.

Crystal said...

Ooooo as soon as we finish watching Rome, that movie will be Netflixed on over and into my hot little hands. I can't wait! It's been in my queue for a bit but I'd never seen the trailer. I wish I had moved it up! I'll bawl my eyes out too--I'm such a sap.

Me+peanut butter also = very good friends.

Annie said...

I will get you my pretty, and your little blog too!

;)
~Annie

Jaye Patrick said...

Oh... ma-an...