Thursday, September 13, 2007

Making Time to Sit in a Papa-san

My apologies for my lack of posting and commenting of late. For about the past week, I've not been able to find the time to visit the blogs as I would like. Lately, I've barely been able to find the time to breathe.

Yesterday I heard back from my professor who is acting as my thesis adviser. After getting the email to schedule a meeting with him, I decided I needed to get a synopsis together and clean up the draft beforehand. So, I went to the study room to plan out further scenes. Realization: the study room is the most horridly uncomfortable room on the face of the earth. The chairs are rickety, the couch ungodly lumpy and the room is hot.

I beat it back to my room before too long and plopped down in my comfy papa-san chair to write. I need the white erase board in there to plan out scenes so I might haul a beanbag and desk fan down there tonight.

I will have a Friday Snippet up tomorrow and since I've done almost all my work for this weekend, I should be able to get back to your snippets much faster than this past week.

So say we all.
Bri

5 comments:

P. A. Medley said...

Hey, Bri-Bri. I'm not quite doing the Friday stories as I said I would, but I am posting stories—rather randomly, but eh.

I agree about the study room. I tried to work in there a few times, but the white noise was weird, and I kept hearing Nathan's and Garrett's laughter.

Have I told you lately how proud I am that you wrote a whole damn book for your thesis? Because, damn, that's awesome.

Amy Ruttan said...

Study rooms blow! I studied in the comfort of my own room.

I am envious of your white board though. I need me one of those. I don't even have an office (and I am a published writer for crying out loud) I write in the corner of my L shaped couch. *sigh*

Great post and I wish I could read your thesis.

Unknown said...

What's a papa-san chair?

Write more about the thesis. What's it about? What do you have to do?

I have a research thesis, but I suspect it is a very different kettle of fish :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with merylf. What's a papa-san chair? Would I like it? (grin)

Ann said...

Oooh, I love papa-san chairs. My only problem with them these days is getting out of them. :)
Actually we had some pretty decent study rooms in my dorm at college. I did my senior thesis in one.