Monday, April 23, 2007

On Surreal Dreams and Possible Horrors!

Last night I received critique from my friend-critic and while I expected it to be harsh (but helpful), it was anything but harsh and incredibly helpful. She offered ideas on the small wording of sentences and large structural ideas for the plot as well as for character development. My everlasting thanks.

When I woke this morning, I remembered a strange series of surreal dreams which just might make their way into a horror story. When I attempted to explain them to my friend, the sense of terror and cold was amazing. I don't have any definite titles yet, and while I am interested in developing these ideas, I may hold off until I spend a few weeks in Terry Wright's Science Fiction and Horror class next fall.

As far as what I am sending to magazines, here is the run down:

1. What is Now: Easter Sunday will be out by the end of this week. We can only hope and pray that at least one of the three I send it to will love it and buy it from me.

2. When Otis Met Everlyse is going out on Wednesday and while it probably will not generate moneys, we can hope it flies into a magazine of some sort, so that I can tell editors I have been previously published.

3. The Promethean has been completely dropped from my line-up, mainly because I don't care for the story. The idea was pleasant, but I know of various other ways I could use the characters. I want to return to this, but I want to focus more on the science fiction than fantasy stories at this point - probably because the genre is a novelty to me.

4. Science fiction as a genre fascinates me and while working on my novel this summer, I will be churning out various science fiction stories. Hopefully some will bring out female protagonists, since I hardly write females in any of my stories.

That's the update kids.
So say we all.
Bri

No comments: