Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Update and New Things to See

I know a few days have passed since last I updated, but I have a few very good reasons. They are as follows: I finished When Otis Met Everlyse and after a final critique from my critic-friend it will be ready to send to a magazine. I have continued to work through Breaking the Bowl and have finally found a way to lead the narrative so that the story reads very interestingly. The idea is that when the story starts, you will know how it ends, and so the story is just about how the characters will eventually get to that point.

So here is the update for today. I read a few other writer's websites and among those there are some that I think might actually help with all stages of the writing process. Holly Lisle, a published novelist and a great writer for writers has a site dedicated to help writers through various articles she's written, as well as a more focused site where she discusses her weekly podcasts (that's a hint for you to go to iTunes and listen - she's brilliant).

Another very helpful and fun site is Sunday Scribblings, where prompts and idea starters are posted regularly.

Lastly is a site called After the MFA which offers great advice and encouragement to people who either choose to teach creative writing or want to write for a living.

The links to these sites are posted on the right in the sidebar under Sites to See. Hope you enjoy.

So say we all.
Bri

No comments: