Friday, April 20, 2007

Something other than the Writing Life

This morning I checked my email and Dr. Vanderslice (Stephanie) had written me back about some MFA programs I am considering with just a touch of anxiety. Both articles were informative and incredibly encouraging. With the end of the year drawing close, I realized that my undergrad career is looming off in the hazy future and that maybe I should prepare myself for facing it.

Other than that, I have begun the arduous process of moving out of my dorm room. To be very honest, being uprooted every nine months is bewildering and frustrating. Like a cat, I become high-strung, nervous, and easily agitated. My bookshelves are empty and my DVDs are packed along with all of my stuffed animals and artwork. Tomorrow morning, my mom and dad will drive up to help me move back home for the summer, and for the next two weeks I will live in an empty room. But at least I will not have to face finals and the stress of moving out.

As far as the writing life goes, I have started revision on The Promethean and so far, the story is coming along. My friend-critic is critiquing What is Now: Easter Sunday and I hear back from her by Monday to begin revisions on that story. By the end of the year I should have at least one fantasy piece and one sci-fi piece to send to magazines. I've been working on my cover letters, but so far they begin along the lines of "Dear Mr. Editor-Person, Please love my stories." Hmm...that probably won't go over very well.

I'll keep you posted.
So say we all.
Bri

1 comment:

stochastic said...

http://www.listology.com/content_show.cfm/content_id.22845/Books