Tuesday, April 24, 2007

On Siege and Storm

War Reports from the Front:

A storm is coming. While those may be the most cliche words in a fantasy series, it is the truth tonight as I sit in my dorm room. The clouds circled menacingly all day, massing their legion over our small city, and I believe, that following the traditional flashing of lightning spears and war-drum thunder, the stormlings will advance the siege against us. So, I have decided to wait out the coming battle with cool new musics and a horrifying Ray Bradbury story.

A storm is coming. This next week work and finals, along with a torrent of short stories and portfolios are bearing down on me with hurricane force.

A storm is coming. Editors beware! By this Friday, I will have flooded your post office boxes with the most lovely of manuscripts and incorrigible characters!

That's the news from the front.

So say we all.
Bri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's the new music you're grooving?
(Hope at least in some part you took my Pandora suggestion)