Wednesday, July 18, 2007

And I Saw That It Was Good...and I Was Glad

70 Days of Sweat - Progress!
Through this 70 Day Challenge, I've fleshed out my characters and developed a much stronger overall plot for the series. I've also gained a serious understanding of my fantasy world and found my voice fairly early in the draft. And seeing that, I peeked at the ending. And I was glad.

After getting ahead of my word count goal today, I examined what I wrote and saw that it was good. And I was glad.
Scene 1, in which violence and intense emotion lead to much greater conflict later in the novel!
Scene 2, in which where my heroine shows her true strength for the first time!
Scene 3, from which there is no going back, the point of no return
Ending a Series...
I've been considering Joely's post on series endings today. So, of course, I've thought more and more about the ending of my five-book series, XIII. I try to keep my calm when it comes to the ending. I've a long way to go before I get there.

But for the first time today, I dared to think of the ultimate end of the series - and I allowed myself moment to be completely psyched out about it. And I was glad.

The Beatles+Musical+ Vietnam+Free Love = The Lovely Clip Below! See Before You Go!



So say we all.
Bri

P.S. I have to get glasses because of eye strain. I was not glad. But it's ok.

5 comments:

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Oh, cool, knowing the ending makes all the work worthwhile to me. And it was good! :-)

MommaBoo said...

Congrats on finding your ending.

That movie looks AWEOSME! I'd love to see it.

Welcome to "She Who Blogs"!

I look forward to getting to know you!

Anonymous said...

Ghod! I got eye strain too and will be going to the doctor next week to get new glasses!

Glad you know your ending.

Joely know me, I like to know my whole story and get a few happy surprises but basically I am an outliner and planner, in detail.

I have finished today and off the net till tomorrow.

Hope you get some good work done.

Jason said...

Glasses aren't that bad...okay yes they are, lol. I hate them, but my problem is that I'm so near sighted I can only see a foot in front of my face. If I drop my glasses or they fall off the headboard of my bed, I can't find them without someone's help.

Congrats on thinking about the ending. I like knowing the ending and seeing how everything ties together. The feeling when something you through in earlier in the story on a whim ties to the ending and makes it that much deeper is just awesome. Congrats again!

Joy Renee said...

so good to hear you are glad about your story and your progress.

thanx for your visits and encouraging words. i am starting to feel like a fraud to continue to claim to be participating in the sweat challenge. i apparently can't think about word count without freezing up at the keyboard. i'm feeling a bit intimidated by all the word count monitors in side bars filling up. but i'm going to hang in with Sven for now hoping that all the hours of focus on the story world will pay off eventually. it happens that way sometimes.

that movie trailer was awesome. and a female director! i missed the screen play attribution if there was one.