Wednesday, March 14, 2007

On Beginnings

I'm never quite sure of what to say when I begin one of these, but here we go. I decided to start this blog because, while I enjoyed my previous online journal, it was not focused or professional in any way, shape, or form. I realize it was time for a change, especially when my writing was the subject. The other site will remain as a personal update for friends and family, but I need to use this to present myself as a writer and artist who hopes to one day be published.

The Wind and the Fury is the working title of a fantasy series which I am currently writing for my undergraduate thesis in Honors and the Writing department. This blog will act as a production journal of sorts for that venture as well as a collection of my thoughts on my short story escapades and art endeavors.

Updates will be widely spaced, in intervals of a week or more, and they will be, at first, for my benefit in working out my difficulties and stumbling blocks. Art will be posted when I have a lull in class work and my job and updates on the writing will be made regularly. That's all for now.

Bri

No comments: