Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Reading List for Graduate School

From what I hear, graduate school is supposed to be, pardon me, a bitch. Finances, classes, jobs, grades, students, etc. I don't know if I manage my time and my money very well, but I've not run in to most of this evilness. So far, I've picked up thirty books, a few DVDs, and enough fresh fruit to survive the apocalypse. Life is good my friends. Life is pretty freaking good.

  • The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
  • Beloved by Toni Morrison
  • Sula by Toni Morrison
  • Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy
  • The Road by Cormac McCarthy
  • All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy
  • The Crossing by Cormac McCarthy
  • Cities of the Plain by Cormac McCarthy
  • Tuck Everalsting by Natalie Babbitt
  • Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  • Lord of the Flies by William Golding
  • Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  • Anthem by Ayn Rand
  • Heaven's Net is Wide by Liam Hearn
  • The Harsh Cry of the Heron by Liam Hearn
  • Brilliance of the Moon by Liam Hearn
  • The Collected H.G. Wells
  • The Collected H.P. Lovecraft
  • Winter's Tale by Mark Heprin
  • Big Bang by Simon Singh
  • Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie
  • The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie
  • Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
  • Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
  • Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
  • Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
  • Snow Crash by Neil Stephenson
  • Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman
Holding the Line.
Bri

p.s. Thanks for the encouragement on the last post! Knowing you guys understand helps.

1 comment:

Jaye Patrick said...

Wow! Got an eclectic reading list there.