Sunday, October 19, 2008

Jason Varitek is My Hero

Must-Win Game and a Must Finish Paper
So, while I'm waiting for the game between the Red Sox and the Rays, I'm working through the composition paper from hell. The thing has to be fifteen pages long, touching on every singe article we've read so far this semester - an impossible thing to accomplish in that page count. I do get a chance to revise it, so I guess I have a chance.

On a lighter note, tonight I get to see Boston in a must-win Game 7 against Tampa. Jason Varitek has become my hero over the past few weeks. He's knocked in some of the pivotal scoring runs for Boston and he's maybe one of the better catchers in the league. And, just as a personal aside, I adore catchers. Tonight, I hope to see a Sox victory, then Boston v. Philly next week.

NaNoWriMo!
As October and baseball's postseason wind down, I'm gearing up for November and Novel Writing Month! A friend and I are launching into the project, with a goal of 20,000 words instead of the traditional 50,000. We're both busy with school and life, her with kids, me with 150 students. So, we're taking it easy and trying to get a story going in November. I'll be posting segments of it every Friday for your consumption.

I'm not expecting a great literary work on the first go round from NaNoWriMo, but I do expect to have a few ideas to work with over Christmas break, which I will be spending in Richmond, VA.

Let's See How Far We've Come
I voted by absentee ballot last week and all I can say is that the election can't get here fast enough. I don't really care how you guys vote, but definitely do it; this may be the most important election in decades. We're picking the next leader of the free world and all of the responsibility that comes with that position. So, vote. I include the following video, just because it's pretty nifty.




Holding the Line.
Bri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did they win? I've been playing around with my blog and didn't see the news.
I was trying to see if I could comment.
Kathy

Jaye Patrick said...

Sorry about Boston, Bri, but I was going for the Rays, though kudos to the Red Sox for games 5 and 6.

Are you doing Nano officially? Me, I'll be abusing the keyboard like thousands of others; it will be good to finish another one.

As for voting, I'd like to ask if you think more Americans would care about the election if it were compulsory to vote like here in Australia?

Ethan said...

Quite useful piece of writing, thank you for this article.
private schools | abortion clinic | cable tv and internet packages