Monday, January 5, 2009

Holding the Line in 2009

Last Year and This Year
2008 was not my year - the stats on my blog show that. I posted less than 30 times, compared to over 100 posts in 2007. A few things about this year were beautiful. Bear and I have been together since December 20, 2007 and we celebrated when he came to visit over New Year. Most of 2008 were stressful though. I moved away from home and Bear and everything I love. Graduate school in Richmond has been a culture shock and many times I wish I had stayed closer to Texas.

Now that Bear is gone back to Little Rock the house is quiet and not nearly as warm. I do a lot of laundry and try not to notice little things like the change he stacked on the coffee table or the cologne he left on the bathroom counter. I can't express how happy I was while he was here. At the risk of sounding sentimental, I'd say that I'm more in love with him now and I know for a certainty how good life will be with him. I'm glad for that, but at the same time, it's hard to be here without him.

His visit jump-started my interest in my longtime work-in-progress, North of the Line. I've drafted a few scenes and currently, I'm working on the plot for the next few books. One of the major problems is that I'm torn between the idea of a trilogy and just running with the story for as long as I can, book count be damned. I'm also working on developing a few subplots and romance threads that have never been a major part of the story.

I hope you all had a happy New Year!

Holding the Line.
Bri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to see you posting sweetie.
Glad you had a good time with your guy.
Wishing you a wonderous New Year.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I hope 2009 will bring you many smiles, and why not...also a few polished manuscripts :)