Wednesday, June 25, 2008

This is How We Say Goodbye in Texas

This is the last night I will spend in my parents' house. The thought is a little mind-numbing and at the same time a incredibly joyful. No two households should ever exist under one roof; no three adults should ever expect to live in peace. I've been here less than two months and I can't wait for this coming Wednesday morning when I drive to Virginia. We love each other, but we also know we can't tolerate living with each other one day longer.

As a born-and-raised Texan, I will miss my state, but I look forward to the beach, to graduate school, and to a life outside of a small town. I'll be further away from Bear, but only for a little while. Things are as they should be.

So say we all.
Bri

7 comments:

Ezra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ezra said...

...and then there was one.

This town sucks now. Well, more than it already did. Now it's intolerable.

(had to correct a typo.)

Nicole said...

I hope all is well with the move! It can indeed be hard to move back in with the parents after having your own place. Cheers on the "first day of the rest of your life" bit, and I hope VA works out as well for you as you anticipate!

Jaye Patrick said...

Good luck with the new start. As for the parents, well I look after my aged mother. After years away, I have a new appreciation and we get along fine - she's upstairs... and I'm downstairs. But I'm here for her.

Enjoy Virginia... um... let me rephrase: Enjoy the state of Virginia... you know what I mean...

Unknown said...

I hope your drive went well. I lived in/near Richmond for 8 years. Loved it.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck sweetie.
Waving at you wildly from New York,
Frances

qualcosa di bello said...

bri, i wish you all the best in your new venture!!!