Thursday, May 8, 2008

And So I Said Goodbye and Hello

I know I haven't posted in a long time. With my undergraduate career ending on Saturday, my farewell to friends at graduation and saying goodbye to Bear, I sort of feel like I've been kicked in the guts, had my heart ripped out and been handed the greatest opportunity in the world, all in the same instant. Needless to say, I'm exhausted.

Since leaving the Rock, I've whittled everything I own down to only what is most important. I'll be driving to Richmond, VA with all my belongings in two cars. This includes headboards for a 100-year-old bed, a desk and all of my books. This may not sound so hard, but believe me. It is. I love my books.

I'm looking forward to it though. I'm tired of living in a box, in a crappy dorm room where the walls are paper thin and the windows mold. While I adored my suitemates, I'm ready to live alone.

Right now, my living room looks like a bomb went off, with boxes of books piled high and DVDs scattered on the tables. As soon as I get all this squared away though, I'll be able to paint, to write and get a few things in order before I head to the rest of my life. Wish me luck.

So say we all.
Bri

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Hope all is well with you. (And I tagged you for a MEME to try to make you feel loved... hehe!)

Anonymous said...

Hey Bri! You've been tagged!