Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Out Into the World

And so we say hello. After much deliberation and nervous worrying, What is Now: Easter Sunday and When Otis Met Everlyse are gone out into the world. Godspeed, friends. Now, I will hold my breath for the next 5-12 weeks and pray. But! Do not fear, dear readers! I have, waiting in the wings, a variety of fabulously fun short stories, mostly consisting of other science fiction and fantasy-esque pieces.

My novel chapter is due to be outlined and revised tomorrow, so you may know this: the hour of true revision is at hand. You'll have to forgive the overdramatic tone in this entry. I tend to feel more free to express my grandiloquence when I'm not face-to-face with people. When you say these things in the "real," you sound silly. Here, you sound silly and eccentric. That's the trick.

The last thing on the list of things to discuss is my lunch. Today, dear readers, I enjoyed the most perfect sandwich in the world: toasted wheat bread, smoked turkey, American cheese and a fruit-cup jar of orange juice. Most wonderful. I think I might write that sandwich a song.

So say we all.
Bri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, Brak once performed a song about the most beautiful sandwich.. It was a good song.. you should find it sometime.