Thursday, June 28, 2007

Day 28: When You've Give a Grendel a Cookie...

I've been tagged by Crystal and will post 8 Random Facts about myself tomorrow...BEWARE!

GRENDEL'S COOKIE: TWELVE YEARS' GRIEF HEAPED AT MY DOOR
I took a break for a few days from worrying about the dreaded Plot-Monster but yesterday, I pulled off its proverbial arm and hung it from the proverbial rafters. After talking to Martin and Joce about a few particular points of interest and possible scenes, a few very pretty conclusions for the story presented themselves.

THE MILK FOR GRENDEL'S COOKIE: WHAT TO DO
1. CALLING THE BANNERS - Mostly, I developed one of my nations into more a loose affiliation of tribes to give them more of a flexible structure in warfare like the Manchu bannermen, and the Celtic and Germanic tribes who swept through Europe, sacking Delphi and Rome.

2. MY HERO IS A JANUS - I also worked on characterizations, and found I love creating an image of the hero - then revealing how he's not exactly who he portrayed himself to be. Unreliable narrators are so intensely enjoyable to write.

3. A PICTURE (YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE CLICHE)
- I've decided to pick up illustrating XIII again. So you all get to look forward to sketches and Photoshop delights in the weeks ahead.

OTHER THINGS NOT GRENDEL
LOOKING FOR LIPSTICK AT THE END OF THE WORLD
The post-apocalyptic chick lit will be written as a short story and possibly, at a later date, be illustrated to create a weekly updated comic. So far, there is no definite title or time frame, though I do think excerpts of it will becomes available on the Friday snippets.

MAYBE A FEW THINGS GRENDEL-ESQUE
NO VAMPING (OR WERE-ING), PLEASE

I've got a few ideas of how I would want to do a comic, mainly because of a little comic called LAST BLOOD, a gory but spectacular project, and Dylan Meconis' weekly Family Man, involving vampires and folk of other were-like tendencies. And speaking of were-like tendencies, give Alina Pete's Weregeek a look-see.

So say we all.
Bri

P.S. I missed it...but Happy Browncoat Day! Can't stop the signal!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots of interesting stuff coming up here. I'll be back to check it out :)

Grats on wrestling out the plot nasties!

Anonymous said...

Goodness! Post-apocolytic chic lit? I can't wait!